Friday 4 September 2020

How I got here

It is not without tears 
Writing through endless 
Dear diary sessions 
Born a hopeless romantic 
To finding loves meaning 
Sent me road tripping 

It is not without anger
Listening to a song on repeat 
Looking for hidden lyrics 
Searching for connections 
In the lost and found 
Catching my heart 

It is not without passion 
Striving forward to prove
Worthy of all adversaries 
In black and white 
Heavy hand of tug of war 
A burden I must carry

It is not without guilt 
Often looking back 
At things I thought deserving 
The prize I won justified 
So I nod in acceptance 
And curtsy like a true lady

From the heart 
Char

2 comments:

  1. That touches my heart and my inner soul .You are blessed God has blessed you with the best gift he could ever give ��❤️��

    ReplyDelete

Featured Blog Post

When love and hate collide

I have known love all my life  Felt it to my finger tips Bared it across my chest  Displayed like the scarlet letter  Not ashamed to feel  W...

Popular Poetry