Thursday 22 October 2020

Sisterhood

I live a simple life 
One given by grace 
This perfect temple 
You have destroyed 
With fists of fury 
An anger full of command 

You took the power 
Now I’m fighting back 
I have an army of sisterhood
Crowned with innocence 

I live a normal life 
One given by love 
This perfect body 
You have decimated
With flights of rage  
A substance not managed

You took the force 
Now we’re fighting back 
We have an army of sisterhood 
Crowned with passion 

I live an ordinary life 
One given by trust
This perfect spirit 
You have crushed 
With words of spite 
A control you so desire 

You took the energy 
Now I’m fighting back 
I have an army of sisterhood 
Crowned with fierceness  

*You have the right to say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, stand against child and woman abuse*

Please seek immediate assistance from your local authorities. 
South Africa - POWA
Phone number: 011 642 434/6

From the heart 
Char 

2 comments:

  1. This is soo powerful... Amazing poem, beautifully written.
    Loved it 💕💕💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Appreciate your comment so much, thank you 😊

      Delete

Featured Blog Post

When love and hate collide

I have known love all my life  Felt it to my finger tips Bared it across my chest  Displayed like the scarlet letter  Not ashamed to feel  W...

Popular Poetry