Tuesday 18 February 2020

Cloud of thoughts

I have a cloud of thoughts
Feelings so deep within
Crossroads dictate to me 
Which is up and down
Who decided there had to be
A right or wrong
We all desire leadership 

It could make sense 
What it really boils down to 
Adding the numbers together 
That deciding factor
Choosing the sacred path 
I am destined for
Set out before we took breath 

As I type the keys to the letters 
My thinking and words
Flow off my lips
I'm hearing it for the first time 
I can imagine it 
Sounding perfect every time 
But practice I must 

It's honesty at its purest form 
I feel so alive I'm awake 
In the dark of the night 
Writing at its best
Daring who will see this art 
And affect you muchly 
As my soul is glowing 

I have to consider
All the magic possibilities 
Weigh in the counts 
Accepting my natural light 
With you beside me 
Every step of the way
Walking hand in hand 

My questions answered
Statements received in proof
I follow in God’s name
High on this granted life
It just took a small amount 
Of glorious faith to affirm 
The spoken word of love 

Blown up into proportions 
I can surely relate to 
So often misunderstood 
I have You near far and aside 
A relief system 
To sleep easy at night
An alarm clock to wake

A vitamin to keep me going
Throughout the long day
A cushion to soften the fall
Your shoulder to cry on 
An outlet for my tears
Down on bended knees
Giving thanks to God

From the heart
Char

2 comments:

Featured Blog Post

When love and hate collide

I have known love all my life  Felt it to my finger tips Bared it across my chest  Displayed like the scarlet letter  Not ashamed to feel  W...

Popular Poetry