Sunday 2 April 2023

A name you are called

You were a knight
In shining armour 
With an outward stretched hand 
Lifting me up gently
Planting my roots firmly 

Allowing my branches to spread 
Entwined on the family tree 
So much love you gave
With no ask in return 
No judgment bestowed 

The brightest light to shine
With words spoken soft and true
Of a faithful servant 
Living the gospel 
Leaving a trail of blessings 

A name you are called
Touches our lips 
With enduring love 
Grandfather, Dad, Husband, 
Brother and Friend 

To my dearest father in-law who I love so much, your presence is certainly missed. May you walk in the fields of heaven with the sun on your back and enjoy the beautiful life God has echoed. 

From the heart 
Char 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Blog Post

When love and hate collide

I have known love all my life  Felt it to my finger tips Bared it across my chest  Displayed like the scarlet letter  Not ashamed to feel  W...

Popular Poetry