Saturday 18 February 2023

Sunshay

It is a maybe 
Perhaps a want or a need 
It's an idea I'm not sure of
But none the less 
A blessing of surprise 

The day the news broke 
Was a day not to forget 
I loved and lost you 
How my world crumbled
With little hope to bare 

Have you ever 
Have you ever felt 
Like your heart is aching 
So deep it's burns to breathe 

I can see and touch you 
But I cannot connect
There is no beat
No rythym to recognize 
Just a grave sadness 

It's a feeling you can't help 
Being so alone in that moment 
But I keep your memory
With a picture perfect sunrise 
Giving essence to your name 

From the heart 
Char

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Blog Post

When love and hate collide

I have known love all my life  Felt it to my finger tips Bared it across my chest  Displayed like the scarlet letter  Not ashamed to feel  W...

Popular Poetry