Sunday 11 July 2021

Tornado

Looking out confused
The world seems
A little crazy 
I feel I'm at the centre 
Of my own choas 
I close my eyes 
Hoping for a breath 
On a task feeling heavy 

Please don't tear me down 
I do it enough for myself 
I'm trapped in the middle 
Of a tornado 

Looking out doubting 
The world seems 
A little shaky 
I feel I'm at the peak 
Of my own turmoil 
I lay my hand 
Across my beating chest 
Wishing it to slow down 

Please don't fade me away 
I do it enough for myself 
I'm stuck in the middle 
Of a tornado 

Looking out questioning 
The world seems 
A little unsteady 
I feel I'm at the edge 
Of my own insecurity 
Staring at my reflection 
Wiping away the tears 
As the hurt overwhelms me 

From the heart 
Char 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Blog Post

When love and hate collide

I have known love all my life  Felt it to my finger tips Bared it across my chest  Displayed like the scarlet letter  Not ashamed to feel  W...

Popular Poetry