Sunday 11 July 2021

Scars

I am far beyond the stars 
Yet the presence lingers 
I cannot escape the power 
The emotions which carry 
The undoubted burdens 

These hurtful memories 
If only I could forget 
The scars upon my heart 
To move past the pain 

As much as I try 
My core wishes to resurge 
The wounds not closed 
That smile with hidden intent
Was the weapon of my undoing

These dark memories 
If only I could neglect 
The scars upon my heart 
To move past the hurt 

I'll walk through the storm 
Time and time again 
Knowing for just a moment 
I became the hero
In my own story 

From the heart 
Char 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Blog Post

When love and hate collide

I have known love all my life  Felt it to my finger tips Bared it across my chest  Displayed like the scarlet letter  Not ashamed to feel  W...

Popular Poetry